About the Festival
August 26 & 27, 2023 • 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. • University Avenue, Palo Alto
This high quality, community-friendly event is hosted by the Palo Alto Chamber of Commerce with the support of the City of Palo Alto. This event attracts people every year from throughout California and the West Coast. The festival—celebrating its 40th year—takes place on tree-lined University Avenue in beautiful downtown Palo Alto, a vital economic area 35 miles south of San Francisco.
The backbone of the festival and the key to its success are the 250 fine artists and crafters whose display booths are placed back-to-back along University Avenue. These exhibitors are the reason why this festival attracts such a high percentage of fine artists and crafters whose work you'll see only at a few select shows on the West Coast.
While strolling through the festival, don't forget to stop by and listen to sidewalk piano virtuosos located on the plaza at the corner of University & Tasso Streets. Look for the PLAY ME sign. More Info
The Italian Street Painting Expo—always a crowd-pleaser— sponsored by the Palo Alto Weekly, will again showcase chalk artists from throughout the state, creating larger-than-life works of art. Tasso Street is where it's happening so don't miss it. This year's co-beneficiaries of the Italian Street Painting Expo fund-raisers are the Palo Alto Youth Community Service and Ada's Cafe.
Local participation is high at this event. The Palo Alto Parents & Professionals for Art are the organizers and beneficiaries of the kids' "hands on" art & crafts area. Look for the Kids' Art Studio located at the end of Tasso. Also, throughout the festival, the Kiwanis Club of Palo Alto will again be serving alcoholic beverages for everyone's enjoyment.
PLEASE NOTE: The City of Palo Alto has a ban on the use of plastic & paper bags for carrying purchased merchandise. The Chamber of Commerce highly recommends that festival attendees bring their own tote bags for easy transportation of multiple purchases.
For those driving to the festival, free parking is within a block or two of the festival site, with parking for disabled patrons in all city lots. Festival attendees though are encouraged to use public transit or ride a bike. For transit information go to 511.org.
If you are a dog owner thinking about bringing "Cuddles" to the festival, please reconsider. Large crowds can easily make a typically mellow dog very anxious & sometimes aggressive.
For up-to-date information, call the Palo Alto Chamber of Commerce: 650-324-3121.
- Palo Alto Chamber of Commerce: firstname.lastname@example.org or 650-324-3121
- Artist Inquiries: Dana Hale-Mounier | email@example.com or 209-267-4394
- Chopin & Chandeliers: Claudette Mannina | firstname.lastname@example.org or 831-461-1796
- Entertainment: Read Zaro | email@example.com or 408-275-6325 ext.15
- Food & Beverages: Charlie Weidanz | firstname.lastname@example.org or 650-324-3121
- Italian Street Painting: Claudette Mannina | email@example.com or 831-461-1796
- Kids Art Studio: Claudette Mannina | firstname.lastname@example.org or 831-461-1796
- Non-Profit/Free Speech: City of Palo Alto | email@example.com or 650-329-2100
- Sponsorships & Media Partnerships: Claudette Mannina | firstname.lastname@example.org or 831-461-1796
- Publicity: Charlie Weidanz | email@example.com or 650-324-3121