Resources for Business
During this unprecedented time, the Palo Alto Chamber of Commerce remains a support and advocate for a healthy and robust business climate.
As we face this unprecedented experience together, please note the following reliable resources that will help keep you, your business, your co-workers and your family informed. Bookmark our website and check back regularly for updates about the health crisis and resources specific to the business community.
Stay safe, stay well, stay positive, and we'll all get through this together!
Also see "Advice From The Experts" section below for recommendations on great webinars.
- IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief and Economic Impact Payments - help for businesses, taxpayers, nonprofit organizations and others
- US Chamber of Commerce - Library of resources and insights for businesses and families
- National Restaurant Association - How the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES) affects the restaurant industry
- California Department of Public Health COVID-19 Industry Guidance for Dine-in Restaurants - Download the handbook here
- American Hotel and Lodging Association - Various COVID-19 resources and hospitality industry relief packages, explained
- Article: "The CARES Act – Implications for Eligible Nonprofit Organizations" - from Strook Law
- California Chamber of Commerce - Excellent source of information for employers
What Employers Are Asking
- Morrison & Foerster: The CARES Act Resource Center
- Facebook Small Business Loans - On March 17, Facebook announced it will be offering $100 million in cash grants and ad credits for up to 30,000 eligible small businesses, $15 million of which will go to small and medium Bay Area businesses.
- California State Senate passes "Coronavirus Response Act" requiring employers of 500 or less to provide Emergency Paid Leave - Article from The National Law Review
- California Support for Workers and Employees - FAQ's
- California Department of Labor & Workforce Development - Benefits for Workers Impacted by COVID-19
- "Essential Businesses in Santa Clara County Required to Publish Social Distancing Protocol" - download Word document
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) "Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19" - Download PDF
Advice from the Experts
Recommended Live and On-Demand Video Conferences for Businesses
The Chamber is curating an ongoing a list of pertinent live and on-demand webinars and video conferences from respected experts.