Leadership Palo Alto Fellows graduate ready to re-imagine and reshape our community with:
- 21st century leadership skills - for real world challenges
- a comprehensive understanding of the inner workings and challenges of Palo Alto's various community sectors, and how these reflect Silicon Valley and global issues
- meaningful connections to your cohort of LPA Fellows and an extensive network of hundreds of LPA Senior Fellows, presenters and community leaders
Leadership Palo Alto is Right for You
Leadership Palo Alto accelerates local leaders from all sectors and backgrounds through a 9 full-day immersion program over an academic year (one day/month). LPA Fellows gain an in-depth understanding of the full spectrum of Palo Alto life, including our local and regional economic, social and government challenges, opportunities and trends, while considering Palo Alto’s global influence and relating local challenges to those beyond our community. The program brings world-class experts for each of the program day focus areas to inform and work interactively with the Fellows and expand their knowledge of the topics beyond Palo Alto to the national and global stages.
Fellows leave each program day with sharpened skills, deeper insights and new connections that might not otherwise be available to them. At the end of the program year, they emerge ready to take their leadership to the next level as effective change agents in this increasingly connected world. Whether in their work lives, or as engaged members of government councils, boards, social impact campaigns and other community leadership platforms, Leadership Palo Alto Fellows are poised to have an impact locally and beyond our community. They join a powerful network of hundreds of Senior Fellows who are inspired and committed leaders in their professional fields and areas of personal passion.
LPA is a great way to super charge your skills and create a new, cross-sector network of neighborhood, civic and business friends!
Typical Program Content Areas includes:
- Arts & Culture
- Environment & Sustainability
- Economy & Business Innovation
- Nonprofits & Social Impact
- Health & Wellness
- Public Safety
- Media & Communications
- and more
21st Century Leadership Skills Development, including:
- Core Leadership Values & Self Assessment
- Team Building & Collaboration
- Design Thinking
- Data Analytics
- Working with the Media/Using Social Media
- Creativity & Innovation
- Strategic Communications & Presentation Skills
- Improvisation & Story-telling
- Fundraising and "Make a Pitch"
- and more
Leadership Palo Alto Fellows - Class of 2020
Environment & Sustainability Program Day - Baylands Adventure